Hello, my name is Oliver! Welcome to my new music blog.
I come from Oberhausen and work as an editor for a local newspaper (www.medienhaus-bauer.de). So this website is just a hobby of mine. But I hope you still like it.
Here you will find news, reviews, interviews, photos and videos from the world of progressive rock and beyond.
I was born in 1971 – the year of # 4 by Led Zeppelin, Blue by Joni Mitchell, Meddle by Pink Floyd, and Master Of Reality by Black Sabbath. And as different as the styles of these classic albums are, so are my musical tastes.
But that doesn’t mean that I don’t have any favorites: From the seventies, for example, Pink Floyd, Gabriel-Era Genesis, Rush, KIng Crimson, Van der Graaf Generator and of course LedZep.
Newer bands that I absolutely adore include Porcupine Tree, Fates Warning, Riverside, Ghost Brigade, Haken, Tool and Swallow The Sun.
I also have a soft spot for solo artists like Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush, David Sylvian, Peter Hammill, Steven Wilson, Van Morrison and Jeff Buckley.
Porcupine Tree is the band that I have listened to the most in all these years. It is also the band that I have seen live more often than any other – ten times already (I haven’t completely given up hope of a reunion and at least one more concert).
Some of my favorite albums (for the desert island):
- Van Morrison – St. Dominics preview (1973)
- Genesis – The lamb lies down on broadway (1974)
- Pink Floyd – Wish you were here (1975)
- Led Zeppelin – Physical graffiti (1975)
- Rush – Moving pictures (1981)
- Kate Bush – Hounds of love (1985)
- David Sylvian – Secrets of the beehive (1987)
- Jeff Buckley – Grace (1994)
- Porcupine Tree – Lightbulb sun (2000)
- Swallow The Sun – When a shadow is forced into the light (2019)